Saturday, December 17, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Day 1

As of this moment I am logging off for the day. I have played for roughly three hours this morning and have to go to my real job so I won't be on until tonight after eleven PM. So far I have made my character, I started off with the standard Jedi Knight and made my race the Zabrak, and I am a female. The intro cinematic was beautifully rendered and gave me a lot of hope for this game. I have experimented with combat and it is exactly what you would expect to get from an MMO game. Controls are easy and the interface is compact and easy to use. Inventory control and management is fairly simple and the powers I have unlocked (I'm only at level six) are expected. I was slightly disappointed with the in game graphics, but as this is an MMO with what seems to be a decent player base already, I can understand why the engine is toned down a bit. There is a fast travel system using speeders to different speeder ports that you have found and unlocked and the world map is very informative as to where everything is in each area. The interactions to this point have been fully voiced with no need to read anything but subtitles. Bioware does include the conversation wheel that has become a standard for their games and rewards light and dark side points for actions during your playthrough. I am a little sad that I cannot pick my own powers and upgrades like you could in the old Knights of the Old Republic games, but this is only a minor complaint.

Bear in mind that these are only a VERY minimal look at what the game has to offer. We shall see in the coming days/weeks what will actually be. I have tomorrow off of work so I will be spending a lot of time playing. Until then everyone, as always, See You Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment