Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Old Republic (12/24-12/27)

Sorry guys, there have been some unforeseen circumstances that have prevented me from playing much the last few days. Christmas, my car died, got called into work twice, it was like the universe was against me, but I did manage to get a little time in and would like to touch on a something I haven't spoken about.

The user interface. The interface is very friendly to use, and I found it to be very easy to navigate through. I wasn't able to move any of the windows around at all, which did bother me a little bit because default placement for some of them is a little bothersome. The top center of the screen has the menu bar with everything it should have: Character, Abilities, Crew Skills, Skill Tree, etc... Clicking on each button opens up the window and places it wherever the game wants it to go. On the top left of the screen is the chat box. Until you move your cursor there the only thing you see is the planet population and the chat from the players near you. There is an option to turn off the chat and when you move your cursor over to the chat area a blue outline box shows up around it to highlight the chat area. On the bottom of the screen you have your abilities bar which is customizable if you choose. I currently have two bars showing with my offense attacks on the left side and my defense and support on the right side. On the bottom right of the screen is the mini map, which is fairly helpful except it occasionally doesn't outline walls, which is a small problem for me because I tend to just go by map and not by what I see on screen. Not a huge complaint though.

That's pretty much it there. I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to play more, and I'm working on that as we speak. Hopefully I'll have more things to post in the very near future. Thank you for your patience and See You Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment