Friday, December 23, 2011

The Old Republic 12/22-12/23

The last couple days have been spent leveling up my Bounty Hunter and exploring Hutta. There is still the lag problem as I get into the swampy areas of the world, but I have noticed that it is going away a lot faster than it was. Last night there was still a wait, but a short one as I jumped into the queue at place number seven. The quests that I have been doing seem to be a combination of fetch/kill quests such as "go and get X of this item, and while you're out kill X of these people if you like for bonus points." They are getting repetitive but that is the nature of the game.

I did get to run a flashpoint last night and it took about forty-five minutes to complete. The group was forming and I jumped right in without any incident. It ran smoothly and once it was over we went our separate ways like nothing ever happened. It was a nice diversion and I look forward to doing more in the future.

I have noticed as I level up my Bounty Hunter that the attacks are more designed to kill very quickly. Everything that he can do is designed to either incapacitate or execute. Flamethrowers, explosive darts, missiles, overcharged rapid fire shots that have a chance of setting targets on fire, and a jet pack punch all add up to one powerful tank. I have noticed that my enemies are having trouble dealing much damage to me even in a pack of three or four. I feel a little over powered but at the same time, when I first started with this character I was taking heavy damage and died five or six times per level because I couldn't keep my health high enough.

That's all for now, I hope to go a bit more in depth as I learn more of the mechanics of the game. Until then, See You Online.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you'll run into some real challengers somewhere else, these guys might just turn into womprats on you if they're not already.

    ReplyDelete