Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Old Republic 12/20-12/21

The last two days I have been working on a new character. The options for character customization are both limited, and vast if that makes any sense. My new person is a Chiss Bounty Hunter and he fights like a tank. I spent nearly half an hour working out the kinks in my looks before I even thought about stepping foot onto the game world. Picking out skin and hair color, to scar pattern on his face, to deciding on hair style and body type was quite the quest for me.

Hutta is an interesting world. There is a distinct yellow-brown hue to it and it does look kind of depressing that way. You can tell that people really shouldn't be on that planet. Your character is dropped in the middle of a gang war between two Hutts so there are quite a few enemies to kill right off the bat. Leveling up early on was not a problem due to a low population and large number of enemies that were there to kill. The bounty hunter quests have been a little more interesting for me because I don't usually play the dark side so clicking the darkside option on some of these quests makes me feel pretty bad. One quest in particular sticks out because my decision ended up making me kill an entire village. I am determined to go dark on this one though. My only complaint so far with the bounty hunter is that up to this point (I'm only level six) I can only use one pistol. I can't even use a blaster rifle, I have to use a pistol. The attacks are standard fare; I have my regular rapid shot, a missle, and an overload burst shot.

The area I have noticed a huge change between Coruscant, Typhon, and Hutta is that on Hutta even though my planet population is only in the thirties I have some severe lag from time to time. I believe it is due to the large amount of trees and grass present through the swampy areas, but it is still there and is bothersome. Other than the occasional slowdown I am not really having any issues graphically with this game.

So that's all for now. See You Online.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds cool, not really followed the game but I can imagine. Star Wars is a great vehicle for either linear game or an open-ended exploring type. SW has a deep universe in so many people's minds already it would be a very compelling game to create and play. This generation can make such an engrossing experience regardless of channeling or lack therof of what the player does, truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete