Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Old Republic (Day 2)

So far my second day of playing has been without too much disappointment. Last night when I tried logging in (around 11 PM EST) my server had a twenty minute wait to get in because it was full. It was a long wait and I can see this being a problem in the future. When I logged in this morning (Around 8 AM EST) I got right in without any issue. The server had what the game called heavy traffic which surprised me so early on a Sunday morning. I had some pretty severe lag last night while I was playing which did bother me, but I decided it best to soldier on through the lag because I waited so long to get on. I played through the remaining missions for the prologue section and finally unlocked my lightsaber after what seemed like days (it was only about four or five hours) There were plenty of side quests and I am loving that every conversation is fully acted with multiple responses available. I also unlocked my companion, a droid called T7. The droid has a personality and actually made me smile a few times from the dialogue between it and other NPCs. I have noticed that T7 is insanely powerful and from time to time makes me look like a chump while we are fighting a group of enemies.

I also made it to exploring another planet and so far I haven't been disappointed with my experience yet. I traveled to Coruscant to continue my training as a Jedi Knight. The city is busy with both NPCs and PCs but it helps to make the game feel like it is a living world. I haven't experienced any lag as of yet during my travels. There are MANY different shops and vendors to visit, and a LOT of quests to complete. I haven't had much time to explore yet, as I have only been powering through quests and working on leveling up a bit.

Final bit of the update for now, I unlocked a class specialization for my Jedi Knight. There were two options available, Jedi Sentinel and Jedi Guardian. I chose the more combat focused Jedi Sentinel. My reward was that instead of wielding just one lightsaber (that I only unlocked like an hour before that) I was able to wield two lightsabers. Adding a specialization also enabled several skill trees for that class. The skills seemed to be divided up into three categories, offense, defense, and support. I chose to start off with the offense and was rewarded with a new attack.

That's all for this update, I will have more tomorrow, which is the last day of the early access. Until then, See You Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment