Thursday, December 1, 2011

Rage (PC)

Rage. Id Software made an attempt at an open(ish) world game. I love the post-apocalyptic setting and the backdrop to the story. And, truth be told, I wanted to love this game. I just couldn't though. Upon first playing it, the texture loading was so bad I had to quit. I found there was an update, so I updated my game and there were a few more options for the graphics available to me. Sadly, even turned all the way down, I still couldn't get textures loaded right and even on lowest graphics settings, I would have framerate drops so bad that I couldn't play. Sadly my friends, I will not have a Rage review mostly because I don't want to shell out another 60 dollars for it. This saddens me greatly. I do not believe that the framerate and texture issues were problems on my end, I am running a mid-range rig that should be able to handle it. I have an AMD Phenom X4 955 Black Edition running at 3.4 ghz, 4 gb 1600 mhz DDR 3 Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5770 1 gb GDDR 5, and a 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD. This could run Crysis 2 at full settings at around 50 FPS. My Rage framerate dropped to 10 FPS. So again, no review for Rage due to crushing disappointment. See you Online.

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't sounds as though it was streamlined very well then. Even though Id has a large reputation and clearly very skilled people working for them they aren't the best at formatting their products for those of us without workstations I've noticed, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete