Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Orcs Must Die! PC Review

So, once in a great while I will catch a sale on Steam and there is something that catches my eye. This was one of those times and I am happy to say that I am not disappointed with what I have on my hands. Orcs Must Die! Is a fun, violent, and funny romp through various scenarios where, as the title says, Orcs must die...A lot.

Graphically this game isn't trying to break any records. The art style is smooth and maybe a little dated, but the visuals work very well for the game and help to add to the charm. There haven't been any graphical issues that I can think of other than an older engine, which isn't a problem, just not a positive either. Environments look good with some detail put into the texture work.

The sound works very well for the game, with music and voices coming through very well. Fire sounds like fire, and the music sets the atmosphere very well and fits with the environments that the game is set in.

The gameplay is what I am most happy with. The game is a mixture of tower defense/strategy and action which adds a lot of fun to the mix. When you start a level you have choices for what defenses you want to build (there are no shortage of those) and then you unleash the horde and try to defend yourself. Your character is taken out of the "god" on looker and thrust right into the middle of the fight as you help your towers defend your castle. The controls are smooth and work very well with the game. Level design is varied and the enemies are created well, even though they are the standards for this type of game.

All in all, I have had a blast with this game and I would love to see everyone buy it. It is fairly cheap and you can get it on XBLA if you don't have a computer to run it. I award this one a 9/10. See You Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment