Friday, December 20, 2013

Another Battlefield 4 Update

So here we stand, another update has hit Battlefield 4 on PC. This time, I was actually able to play through two rounds before I quit for the night. I was able to hit the exit button on my own, I wasn't booted due to a crash. That said, I'm only running about 20 frames a second while I play. Sometimes it jumps up to anywhere from 60 to 90, but as soon as I round a corner or something moves, my framerate drops down to the low 20's. So, we're getting better!

I'm looking to upgrade my old video card too. After I sell my laptop to pay bills, the remaining cash will be used to buy some much needed upgrades to my poor machine. I'm running an AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor that's overclocked to 3.5ghz. There's also an ATI Radeon HD 5770 1gb video card that' been mildly overclocked as well. Follow that with 4gb of 1600mhz DDR 3 RAM and you've got a system that's starting to show its age. For those interested I'm upgrading to 8gb of RAM and I'm going between an AMD R9 280X and an AMD R9 290X. There's a significant price difference and I've got to do some creative manuvering to get either card to fit into my case, which surprised me, but it should be fun. I'll update when I decide on what I'm going with and when I buy it.

Finally, the Steam Holiday Sale has begun, so, prepare your wallets. Nothing seemed to spectacular today, but that's just my opinion. I'm hoping to maybe pick up CoD: Ghosts(not on sale) or Assassin's Creed 4(also not on sale, maybe not even on Steam) if I manage to get that new video card, but we'll see. Also, there's a website - gog.com that's got some pretty nice deals for more indie and classic games. If you haven't heard of them, I say check 'em out. Their games are all DRM free and a lot of them work on both Windows and Mac.

Take it easy internet, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah. Whatever your particular celebration of choice, Happy Whatever and play some games!

No comments:

Post a Comment