Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Thoughts about PlayStation Plus

I know, the lack of reviews is getting frustrating. I'm upset myself, but I am poor so the drought continues. I do have another opinion piece for any serious gamer who owns a PlayStation 3 though. Do yourselves a favor and purchase a subscription to PlayStation Plus. It costs $50 a year and pays for itself regularly. I've had mine for six months now and it's one of the best investments I've ever made.

Every month subscribers get discounts, freebies, and exclusives. The discounts are on games, dlc, avatars, and themes. Same for the freebies. You get exclusives like early access to demos/betas and exclusive betas/demos. I know free games sounds too good to be true, but hear me out on this one. This month (June 2012) subscribers were gifted with twelve free games. Yes, I said twelve. And they aren't piddly crap either. A lot of them are full retail games. Virtua Fighter 5, Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, Just Cause 2, WarHammer 40k: Space Marine, Choplifter HD, Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone, LittleBigPlanet 2, and Saints Row 2 are a few of the offerings.

Past months have given us a couple PSOne Classics along with a couple free PSN games. Discounts are always welcomed, and last week when the "Ultimate Editions" were unveiled, PSPlus members received them at a 40% discount. When I look through my list of games on my PlayStation, I can count at least 35 of them that were free (My HDD is a 320 gb) because of my PSPlus subscription. That translates into a LOT of cash.

Basically, I think that the PlayStation Plus program is a great thing for you to invest in. Sony has not let me down yet with it. There are occasional lulls in stuff, but the next week usually balances them out with an influx of awesome. That said, See You Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment