Friday, March 16, 2012

Mass Effect 3 Review Part 2

9.5/10. I know, it's strange to see a review start with the score, but there it is, plain as day. I will save you all the effort of reading further if you just want to see my score. Now, for the review portion.

As I have touched on, the games graphics are fantastic. The characters look brilliant, though they are still a little stiff in the animations. I'm not a big fan of Shepard and Liara doing the robot when they are hugging, but take the honey with the vinegar I suppose. There were some slow downs in a few cut scenes where there was a lot of action, some of this got fairly bad towards the end game, but it's livable. Environments are still beautiful and it was truly something to see the sheer size of a Reaper in the background while I'm fighting something else.

The story is great and I'm not going to spoil it for anyone. Just know that it's a fairly powerful ending. The gameplay as I have said is stellar, the tweaks and adjustments made to the combat systems make the game great. I spent a lot of time on the single player in part one, so I'm going to spend this time talking about multiplayer.
 Multiplayer is squad based with different classes and races available for play. Teamwork is paramount if you want to succeed in these missions. The different classes have several different races for you to use which adds some fun because you no longer have to be only human. Each race has different abilities within the class so you can find what you want and go with it. Weapons are fully customizable in multiplayer as are your powers, though you are limited to three pre-chosen powers and only two weapons at a time. As you play through missions you earn credits to buy packs containing boosters, weapons, characters, weapon mods, or equipment. These rewards range from nearly pointless (ammo refill when there are ammo drops around) to awesome (grenade launching assault rifle) and they are chosen at random. Multiplayer is fun and I'm glad that they added it, though it wasn't needed. In all honesty, I was considering not playing multiplayer, but I'm glad that I did.

On that note, I am going to stop rambling and let you guys get back to your gaming. Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City comes out soon and I might be getting that, Diablo 3 is coming out on May 15th so look forward to that. Otherwise, again, Mass Effect 3 has earned a 9.5/10 and See You Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment